POST #1: GENIUS PROJECT PROPOSAL!~

Welcome to my blog, fellow poetry lovers! I'm creating this blog to keep lovers of poetry and poetry books updated about the poetry book I'm writing. Over the course of the next few weeks, I plan on writing a series of poems to compile into a poetry book full of poems written by me!

I wanted to do something I was passionate about and where I could also apply creativity. Ever since I was little, people have acknowledged my love for arts and writing. It's only of my strongest academic talents, stated by both my peers and my teachers. For the next couple of weeks, I plan on writing a minimum of three poems a week of that I will assemble into a book full of poems written all by me. Poems, of course, tell stories or present themes. For writing inspiration, I look back at experiences I've had in the past, I'll also ask my friends to tell me stories (or experiences) that I could convert into poems. For extra writing guidance, I'll briefly collaborate with other people who have a love for art and writing, which will support me in the process of creating poems; having a person work with me would be very beneficial, as working by myself could become difficult.

Originally, I planned on doing a different diet each week until the end of the project, seeing which diet has the best health effects. However, this would be difficult to stick to such strict discipline; constantly changing diets each week and then finding the right meals and having enough money (my own money) to afford all of the meals EACH day. Then, in one of my classes at the beginning of this project, I was talking to a few other students regarding our plans for our genius projects. After I expressed how I was unsure about my project, a friend of mine, Jaelyn, brought up my love for poetry and writing, and recommended I should write a poetry book. I loved the idea, and was simultaneously surprised I didn't think of that on my own terms.

Of course, creating and writing doesn't come without it's obstacles; writer's block is something I anticipate to meet throughout this process. To overcome, sometimes I needed to just start writing some sort of material, and from there I'll begin to shape the meaning of the poem, going off what I've written. Sometimes I'll just write a vague poem that's meant to be interpretive - not all art needs to have an obvious meaning.


The poems I have written a sad and bittersweet theme, with a lot of emotional confrontation being demonstrated throughout my writing. Here's one poem I wrote recently that a lot of my friends have said is their favorite out of all the one's I've previewed so far.




Comments